Colorado Open Records Request

The Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) is a series of laws that allow public access to many government records including schools district records. Two important exceptions to this general rule are requests for student records and portions of employee personnel files.

Student Records: The confidentiality rules and release procedures of academic records are protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and are not subject to disclosure under CORA. To obtain student records, please refer to the district's Student Records & Transcripts webpage.

Personnel Files: CORA prohibits public school districts from releasing parts of employee personnel files including, but not limited to: home addresses, telephone numbers, financial information, certain employee evaluation reports, letters of reference, and other information maintained because of the employer-employee relationship.

Before Submitting a Request, Please Review the Below Information:

Financial Records: If you are looking for financial records, it may be contained on our district's Financial Transparency and Budget pages. Please consider searching these pages prior to submitting your request.

District and Board Policies: If you are looking for policies, please consider searching the pages student, school, and staff board policies.

Inspection of Records: If the requester wishes to inspect the records responsive to the request in advance of receiving copies, such inspection shall be by appointment only during normal business hours. A district representative will supervise the requester during the inspection period.

Fees and Charges: The district will ordinarily include an estimate of the costs associated with responding to a request for records in its initial response to the requester, unless the requested records are not subject to disclosure. The estimate shall include the costs associated with responding to the request in accordance with CORA. We will advance payment of costs.

CORA provides the district may charge a reasonable fee for copies of documents, not to exceed twenty-five cents per standard page ($0.25) or fifty cents per double-sided page ($0.50) or a fee not to exceed the actual cost of providing a copy, printout, fax, email or photograph of a public record in a format other than a standard page. Printing fees may still apply when records are transmitted electronically if it is necessary for the custodian to print documents in order to redact exempt information and/or scan the record to create an electronic file.

When researching, retrieving, reviewing or producing records takes longer than one hour, a fee of $30.00 per hour will be charged for all staff time after the first hour. This fee will also apply to services rendered by district staff in supervising the copying, printing out, or photographing of the requested documents.

If the actual costs incurred by the district are less than those collected, the district shall provide a refund to the requester. Upon receipt of payment, unless extenuating circumstances exist, the records will be transmitted in a reasonable amount of time. Ordinarily, this delivery window is three business days.

Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*)

Your Contact Information


Your Last Name: *

Address: *

City: * State: *  Zip Code: * 

Phone Number: *

E-Mail Address: * (Communication regarding your CORA request will be sent to this address)

Business you are representing (optional):


Your Request

Information You are Requesting: *

It appears that you are requesting a student transcript. Transcript Requests should use this form instead: Transcript Request Form
It appears that you are requesting student records. Records Requests should use this form instead: Student Records Request Form
It appears that you are requesting immunization records. Immunization Record Requests should use this form instead: Immunization Records Request Form
It appears that you are requesting a copy of a High School Diploma.
High School diplomas are not available from the district.
The high school diploma is issued at the time of graduation and there are no copies. The transcript serves as evidence of graduation and may be requested using this form instead: Transcript Request Form
It appears that you are requesting GED records.
GED records are not available from the district.
To order GED records, please click this link to the Colorado Department of Education: GED Document Ordering Instructions

Reason for Request (optional):

Other Information you would like to provide regarding this request (optional)